Sunday, April 6, 2014

Judgement

    You know the saying "When life gives you lemons make lemonade." How can you turn such a bitter fruit into a sweet delicious drink that you sit by the pool side drinking with your friends catching up on the latest gossip about a boy you like. Think of this lemon as life like any other time in your life of that you have to enjoy the small things and make the bees of all the bad things. When life falls apart what do you do stand there and let it walk all over you like you the most helpless person there is.

    Yes, this has a purpose and is not about a 14 year old trying to write things on this blog that will make her seem smart and, or just like every other person on this website that consumes our time. This week was a whole week off of school, how did I spend a whole week off of school doing? I watched my two-year old niece and went to my sisters competition for guard. (The biggest guard competition of the season. WGI. Which she medals for. Which is very good). While I was swimming at the hotel I noticed a sign it had written on it "Spa Capacity __ persons" most of us (including me) would say it should be people. Why? Because it makes more sense because it's what we were taught. We were so quick to judge the animated object that didn't get to choose it's life. It didn't get to say what the sign said.

    Why, is it that humans are so quick to judge each other and to look at someone and to put them in a category "too skinny, ghetto, annoying, ugly, fake etc." We look at people who are living on this same planet as us and are going to the same work, school, and super market. How do we know that the only reason why they are the way they are is because of what society says we should be. How many people have said to someone "be original, be yourself no one is a better you" almost everyone has. But society doesn't like us to be who we are the want us to fit a perfect image. I guess you could say that, that lemon isn't always going to make a sweet lemonade it could rot and be forgot about. Remember that the next time you choose to judge someone one the streets.

4 comments:

  1. So very true Hope. We, as people, are so often quick to judge without thinking of the circumstance, situation or person we are judging. And you are right, we often put people in categories according to what society dictates. I'm so glad you recognize this at such a young age. You have such a tender spirit. I'm glad to call you my "Grandie"! I love you to the moon and back a million times over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry I am just now replying. I am so glad that I am not the only on that feels this way. I love you to infinty and beyond. It is an honor of mine to be able to call you Mom-mom.

      Delete
  2. You are a smart smart girl! Keep this attitude up throughout life and it will make a world of a difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am just now replying. Thank you so much. I will try to keep it up. I love and miss you! See you soon.

      Delete